2007年10月6日土曜日

The First Day

Well I'm finally in Japan. I can tell because while starting a blog here the instructions were entirely in Japanese... I guess I should have set one up while I was in the U.S.A. It was a long journey but I arrived safely in Miyazaki airport at 9:00pm, surprisingly only 10 minutes late. One of the most memorable events on the plane was watching the parents place DS while their children read/slept. I met Kaori, Iwamoto-sensei, and Hirase-sensei at the airport and they helped me to the dorm. It was quite homely with the stuff left behind by previous exchange students. Among the treasures there is a fan, toaster oven, mini fridge, various kitchen (I think) cleaning supplies, a multitude of lamps, and a happy little plant.
This morning consisted of organizing said treasures and destroying the cockroaches and ants scattered around the room. I keep thinking the ants are going to plot revenge but that just be my slightly jet-lagged mind. The afternoon was filled with buying required living materials and exploring the large shopping mall on the outskirts of the main city with Kaori and her sisters. Most of the store names were in English which I found interesting.
After shopping we went back to Kaori's house and I made chicken strips for dinner. It was a busy first day. It has made all the difference having Kaori here to help me. It would have been much harder both mentally and physically without a good friend present.

0 件のコメント: