2007年10月8日月曜日

Crepy Crawlies

For being a small country Japan seems to have rather large bugs, especially spiders. While walking around the university campus I observed a large number of rather large spiders. They were yellow and black orb weavers. I am surprised that there are any flying bugs left in Miyazaki with the amount of spiders I saw. It seems as though they have created a net between the trees capturing anything that wanders in. I wonder if they have to build their spectacular webs again every time it rains, hopefully not judging by how often it rains. On the news today there were large bugs. There was a short program on large wasps. Very large wasps, probably 2-3cm long. They were showing them eating little honey bees. I never want to run into one of those, I hope they are far far away from me. At least the cockroaches are small. I have killed my fair share of cockroaches and ants crawling around my dorm room.
On other less creepy crawly topics~ There was a thunder storm today. I met up with my fellow exchange student from Evergreen, Max, today and we walked around campus attempting to find the library with the fabled internet access. We found it, but to our dismay with was closed to the national holiday.
I am slowly learning Japanese from Kaori and her sisters. I am very lucky I have a friend who is willing to help me while I am here. I am still getting used to my surroundings here in Japan but with time I will manage. I miss my friends at home and most of all Anthony. But I will pull through and enjoy my time in Japan to the fullest.

0 件のコメント: