2007年10月25日木曜日

Fashion and Shopping

I went shopping yesterday with Kaori, Satomi and Max at the Aeon Mall in Miyazaki. It is a large mall with many brand name stores and yummy restaurants. Something that was interesting was the fact that half the store names were in English. Now, having English as my first language I look at all these shop names and think...."huh?" A few examples are, Kuchiku (a children's clothing store), Know Beans (a fashionable clothing store), Drug stories (another fashionable clothing store). I was explaining to Kaori and Satomi the meaning of the names and they told me that they never really thought about the meanings before. I guess it is the same with U.S T-shirts with Kanji on them.
Japanese fashion amazes me. People are fashionable all the time. Whether they are going to do field work, or have a child, or in the office they always seem to be very fashionable. Not just the women either, the men too. The layered effect is also very popular in Japan. It lets you have many different combinations with only a few different outfits. I think I will have a lot of fun shopping in Japan!

0 件のコメント: