2008年4月12日土曜日

Shiva's farewell

For the past month or so I had been trying to find a new home for Shiva. He has grown up to be such a good kitty, and he needs more space and loving family to be with. Yet when I had to give him away it still hit me hard. He went to his new home on April 6th. He has moved to Nichinan, about an hour and a half drive away form Miyazaki Univeristy. I sent him off with some of his favorite toys. He was scared when he first got there, hiding under the table for a little while. But he is such a good kitty who loves people that he crawled out shortly and curled up in his new people's arms and took a nap. I have been keeping in touch with his new family and they sent me some pictures and reports on how he is doing. I am glad that he is in a good home with loving people :)

I am glad that I was able to help him recover from his sickness and find him a good home. I talked to my vet and he recomended contacting the Miyazaki dobutsu no inochi wo momory kai, a group in Miyazaki who helps find homes for abandoned pets. It was a relief to find this group here, I was worried about all the abandoned animals that live in Miyazaki, but now I am glad that they have people helping them. Anyways, I called them and gave them information on Shiva and sent a picture and they helped find him a new home.

This is their website:
http://www1.bbiq.jp/m-doubutsu/
and this is something pretty funny for those who like cats~ http://www1.bbiq.jp/m-doubutsu/cat%20commandments.html

I am sad that Shiva is gone, I wont hear his little padding feet running around the room at night. Or his happy meows and cuddles when I come home. But knowing that I helped him get well and find a loving home makes me happy.





さいよならシバちゃん I will always remember you.

P.S:
I think I am going to do some WTF cat photos with some of the pictures I have of Shiva hehe. He is just such a cute and slightly odd kitty~

0 件のコメント: