2007年11月13日火曜日

Wandering weekend

I have not posted in my blog in what seems like quite a while. Things have calmed down over the past few weeks. My life in Miyazaki is starting to form a pattern, class, homework, hanging out with friends. I am still busy pretty much everyday of the week so time flies by, but I feel as though I am starting to get used to life here. One of the challenges that I have is cooking. It is not that I don't enjoy cooking, but finding the proper sauce and ingredients in the grocery store is rather difficult. I am going to cook and swap recipes with my friend which will be fun and help me with the cooking :)
On Sunday, the group I went hiking with held a nabe, a soup dish with various vegetables and meat cooked in a broth, party. We went to a stone river bank and cooked four large pots of nabe. It was a lot of fun and I got to practice a lot of Japanese. On our way back I saw my first traffic policeman. He was catching people who were going under the speed limit... Mostly scooters and bicycles.
There is a new kitten around the dorm now. Before there was only an adult kitty, but someone left the kitten in a box next to the dorm :( But the students take good care of the cats. The cats never need to worry about having enough food. I believe that some of the students take the kitties to the vet to get shots sometimes, but I am not sure. I hope they get well taken care of. Older kitty, Sei-chan (below) New kitten (above)
I am preparing for a trip in December to Osaka to pick up Anthony when he comes to visit me for Christmas :) My friend, Midori, is helping me with travel tips and with booking hotels and such. She has helped the previous greener exchange students as well. I am looking forward to the trip and to up coming events in Miyazaki! I will continue to post in my blog as these new adventures happen.

0 件のコメント: